Basic Strength & Cross Training Exercises
Brian Beatty, PT, CFP
Exercises Categories for Running
- Primary strength – the muscles you use to move forward
- Core / Stability – the muscles that hold you stable keep the body segments coordinated and working together to move you forward.
- Cross Training – exercises and activities that uses different patterns or different planes from running
- Complementary – Exercises that move in the same basic plane as running: cycling, swimming, cardio in gym, hiking
- Cross Training is asking the body to do something different
Fleet Feet Workouts
We have programmed many workouts for the local Fleet Feet Training Groups. These workouts and the accompanying running strength and core exercises can be found by searching for Fleet Feet Workouts on our website.
Online Weekly Workouts for Endurance Sports
We also provide an online Endurance Workout subscription with new workouts every two weeks and access to all historical workouts. NEW!! Full and Half Marathon Strength & Skills Program
14-20 weeks of focused strength and stability routines to prepare you
for your fastest, strongest marathon or half marathon yet -- injury-free!
Balanced Movement Online Programs
4 expertly crafted routines appropriate for all levels & in all phases of the training cycle
A perfect complement to our in-person Running Strength & Skills Class, this subscription gives you access to ALL our weekly online running workouts!
8 week program leading up to Little River Trail Run in January
6 month Strength and Skills program to build to a 100 mile Trail Run
Balanced Movement for Endurance Sports - Weekly Workouts
12 weeks of strength & skills for running on tough terrain Training for Uwharrie Mountain Run
9 weeks of theme-focused trail running strength & skills workouts
NEW!! Full and Half Marathon Strength & Skills Program 14-20 weeks of focused strength and stability routines to prepare you for your fastest, strongest marathon or half marathon yet -- injury-free!
Categories: Training Program Coaches