- Dynamic warm up as a group – see below 3 min
- Run for (to) the hills – 15 easy warm up
- 3 hill repeats at 15 seconds each (HARD EFFORT) – In-between each repeat you’ll have an exercise to do that will be 30 to 60 seconds long.
- (1) Step Back Lunge (Do It On One) – drop into the back of the hip, hover & lift back foot, drive up from the hip
- Hill Repeat 1 focus: Run up the hill pushing from the glutes
- (2) Quick Light Hops – small hops landing with no sound, quick feet, land under body, fast free and easy turnover
- Hill Repeat 2 focus: light landing, quick turnover, practice light landing coming back down the hill – run fast down the hills with quick turnover
- (3) Side Step Lunge to High Stand use your hips and core to control the momentum
- Hill Repeat 3 focus: find stability quickly with each foot strike
- 2 min rest
- 3 repeats at 30 seconds each (HARD EFFORT) – In-between each repeat you’ll have an exercise to do that will be 30 to 60 seconds long.
- (4) Plank Mountain Climbers – hold plank, switching feet forward & back, keep pelvis low, not bouncing up and down; focus on quick turnover of the legs under a stable pelvis
- Hill Repeat 4 focus: quick legs moving under a stable pelvis
- (5) Running Man with Back Leg Spring – sets of 10 & switch legs – quick spring of the legs, keep majority of the weight in the front, but land and quickly spring off the back leg into the running position
- Hill Repeat 5 focus: Push fully through the back leg and spring it forward
- (6) hopping lunge – keep body low, quick turnover with power
- Hill Repeat 6 focus:run with power from the minute the feet land
- 2 min rest
- 3 repeats at 60 seconds each (HARD EFFORT) – In-between each repeat you’ll have an exercise to do that will be 30 to 60 seconds long.
- (7) walking lungetouch front foot with both hands, lift back leg and hover, forward lean to turn on glutes, stride back leg through to land softly in front of you
- Hill Repeat 7 focus:Smooth even power through the whole stride cycle
- (8) Lateral Hop (balance out by moving to side) – hop off one foot to the side, land opposite foot, quick hop to change feet, 10 each side then turn to switch sides
- Hill Repeat 8 focus:Feel the engagement of the deep gluteal muscles with each foot strike
- (9) Lateral Bounding Hop side to side while moving forward, quick recover of balance.
- Hill Repeat 9 focus: feel how to support the sideways movement to hold a very straight line forward.
- 2 min walking rest
- Run back to the start – 10 min easy cool down.
- Dynamic Cool Down 3-5 min. http://www.balanced-movement.com/cooldown
(1) step back lunge with hover
(2) light quick hops
(3) standing running core crunch
(3) side step lunge to high stand
(4) Mountain Climber Plank (video uses a slide board; for this workout hop legs into alternating positions)
(5) running man hops
(6) hopping lunge
(7) walking lunge, toe touch & hover to high stand
(8) lateral hops, switching feet
(9) lateral bounding
Dynamic Warm up for running
Workout done on 2017-08-29/30
If you like this workout, give our online workout program and community for Endurance Sport a try.
Balanced Movement Online Programs
NEW!! Full and Half Marathon Strength & Skills Program 14-20 weeks of focused strength and stability routines to prepare you for your fastest, strongest marathon or half marathon yet -- injury-free!
|4 expertly crafted routines appropriate for all levels & in all phases of the training cycle||A perfect complement to our in-person Running Strength & Skills Class, this subscription gives you access to ALL our weekly online running workouts!|
|8 week program leading up to Little River Trail Run in January||6 month Strength and Skills program to build to a 100 mile Trail Run|
|Balanced Movement for Endurance Sports - Weekly Workouts||12 weeks of strength & skills for running on tough terrain Training for Uwharrie Mountain Run|
|9 weeks of theme-focused trail running strength & skills workouts|
Categories: Fleet Feet Training Groups